Dan, Judy, Carlee, Nicholas and Camille

Dan, Judy, Carlee, Nicholas and Camille

Monday, September 22, 2008


Paris Mountain State Park

Greenville, SC

September 20, 2008

* We packed a picnic and headed off to Greenville not long after breakfast.

The weather was perfect- blue sky, sunny and about 70 degrees.

There were several hiking trails you could take, but with 3 kids under the age of 4, we decided to do the simplest one possible . . . and the shortest one!

With the exception of one spot, it was a pretty flat walking trail that followed the lake. It was about 1 1/2 miles long. After walking the trail, we at our picnic lunch and then took the kids to the playground.



Starting off on our "hike". Daddy was responsible for the snack and drink bag, and Mommy was responsible for . . .


Camille!

I always said I would never wear one of these- now look at me :)!


This was about half way around the lake. The dam- which the kids thought was a neat waterfall!


Crossing over the bridge where the dam was.

The kids did GREAT and loved every minute of it!

This was the rockiest part. It was right after you crossed the little bridge and dam.

It was strenuous enough for me though :)!

Nicholas like the "big rocks"!

I spotted this little turtle on a branch right next to the path.


The kids thought he was neat to look at!


Daddy and Nicholas hiking together.


The girls were actually a little ahead of them, and below is what I found next . . .


Look very close and you can see a long black snake. Trust me, my camera was on zoom- I was not about to get close to it- I don't do snakes!!! He was probably about 5 1/2 feet long.

Camille enjoying the sunshine!


We ate our picnic lunch and the kids enjoyed playing.
We had a wonderful morning together as a family, and the kids enjoyed it too!





No comments: